Fountain of Youth Cookies
You will need:
2/3 Cup coconut oil
2/3 Cup softened butter
2/3 Cup Agave Nectar
1 Cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Cups spelt flour
1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl blend together coconut oil and butter.
- Add Agave nectar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and blend.
- In a separate bowl mix together flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto nonstick cookie sheets and bake at 375'F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on tops.
- Let stand on cookie sheet a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack until cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container and Enjoy!
(I found that the substitute for 1 cup brown sugar is: 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 Tablespoons molasses. If this is the case In my next batch of Fountain of Youth Cookies, I will omit the brown sugar, add an additional 2/3 Cup Agave Nectar and add 1 1/2 Tablespoons molasses. If you try it before me - let me know if it works!)
Also, I really like using Agave Nectar in recipes of all sorts and as a sweetener for coffee. It's the consistency of honey, and doesn't have an after taste like (in my opinion, Stevia, Sweet&Low, and Splenda have.) AND it is low on the Glycemic Index (a GI of approx. 30).
Enjoy the day folks! The weather is fabulous here in CO!