What you need:
2 Cups all-purpse flour
11/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
dash of ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
2 eggs - beaten
1 1/2 Cups mashed ripe bananas (5-6 medium)
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup melted butter (OR for a healthy alternative applesauce)
Optional - 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (My Gramma hates nuts in food, so I never add them.)
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar, 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 1/2 Tablespoons of butter. Used a fork or pastry blender to cut in butter until he mixture is crumbly. You can also stir in 2-3 Tablespoons oats or nuts to the topping.
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350'F - Grease your bread pan - set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (except sugar) and mix well. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, banana, sugar, and butter - mix well. Add all at once to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into bread pan. Top with streusel mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
EAT! And Enjoy!