Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring in the Air

I grew up in a family of lists and projects; few things make me happier than checking off an item on a "To Do" list. Have I mentioned that before? Maybe I never knew this about Mr. Sir or maybe I'm just rediscovering this about him. -But he seems to love projects too! For a Mother's Day gift for my mom, he helped me put together a "pallet art installation" on the exterior wall where he took down a staircase. Around the same time he helped my dad build a tiered raised garden bed. And before that he built a gate for our patio to keep the littler boy from falling down the new staircase. He's a handy guy to have around!

An East Texas spring is made up of projects, sporadic weather, the sweet fragrance of wild flowers and dirty faced little boys. The bigger boy has encouraged the littler one to join in the fun of dirt digging. It's all very sweet how they growl their toy dinosaurs at each other and squeal at finding worms; until it is laundry time haha. They've grown accustomed to taking evening walks too. We try to go after dinner most nights with my parents and the dogs. When the breeze blows the trees sound like a bunch of those rain rod instruments. And I can't ever breathe in enough of the honeysuckle scent on the side of the road; it grows here and there tucked in the tree line. Life here is picturesque. I doubt we could be more in love with our surroundings.

Recently I've been reflecting on how delicate life is. Life on earth is but a brief flicker. We could be here one day and gone the next; and so many are. The plants, chickens, puppy, and kids all grow each day - there's little we can do about it but watch in amazement. We all keep kneeling and looking heavenward; and building what we can of a lasting Godly heritage. Have you thought about what you will leave behind?

And a bit of encouragement from my devotions this morning...

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." -Matthew 6:33-34

Blessings on another day. Spend it well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment