Friday, July 15, 2011

Fancy French Toast

Fancy French Toast is a new favorite of mine! The original recipe I got from Claire Robinson of 5 Ingredient Fix. Of course I didn't write down the recipe because I was so busy swooning over the television, so I'm winging it a bit. It is so simple yet so delectable! Perfect for making a weekend morning special or perhaps a loved ones birthday memorable. :)

The end result. YUM.


For Fancy French Toast you will need:
  • 1 loaf of Brioche - sliced approx. 1 inch thick (My other favorite to use is Italian Sweet Bread with raisins and cranberries - today I'm using Cinnamon Swirl Bread from a local bakery.)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 Cup of Half & Half
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1 Cup strawberries - washed with stems removed, and sliced
  • 1 Cup blueberries - washed with stems removed
  • 1/4 Cup granulated sugar - (I like to use agave nectar)
  • About a tablespoon of butter for the pan
To Make:

Slice the bread into 1 inch in thickness.

In a pie plate, or shallow pan of some sort, crack the eggs, and Half & Half and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
In a sauce pan stir together berries and sugar and let sit on low heat, stirring occasionally. This will be a heavenly topping! And the berries do all the work for you!


Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture - letting it soak it just a bit on each side.

    Place each slice on a heated and lightly buttered pan or electric skillet. About 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.

      At this point the berries should be syrupy and succulent! So I like to cut the french toast diagonally and place artfully on a plate, drizzle fruit on top and dust lightly with confectioners sugar. I like to serve this dish with a side of fresh seasonal fruit with cottage cheese, orange juice, and maybe some bacon.



      Enjoy! And have a great weekend!

      1 comment:

      1. Oh boy - that looks sooooooo tasty!! I think I might know what I want for dinner - Breakfast is to far away! OR I could make it for my hubby when he gets home this weekend!!! YAY! :) Thanks for sharing Amber!

        ReplyDelete